Thursday, October 15, 2009





















We are pleased to announce the arrival of Beth Jana Chase. She was born on October 12, 2009 at 4:38 p.m. Beth weighed 7 lbs and was 20 1/4 inches long. Delivery went great.
I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday the 13th, but when I saw my doctor on Monday I was dilated 5 cm. He didn't think I would make it to the next morning so he told me to meet him at the hospital at 1p.m. My mom and dad made it into town about 45 min. before I was supposed to go to the hospital. Phew!
I think this was my fastest delivery. It took them until 3:30 to get all the paperwork, I.V., and epidural taken care of. At 3:30 I was dilated 6 cm. and they started my pitocin. Just 1 hour and 8 minutes later Beth was here. She is perfect (of course) and the kids are very excited to have her here also. There has been a little fighting over who holds her next, but they are doing a pretty good job sharing.
So far she is a content baby. She has her nights and days mixed up. That is why I am updating my blog in the middle of the night. Hopefully she will figure it out soon. I am recovering well. I have had lots of great help. Jeff has been here all week, as well as my mom and dad. Jeff''s mom and dad will be here tonight. I am so blessed to have a great support system. Jeff and I are so blessed to have 5 beautiful children entrusted to us.
Thanks to everyone for all their love and support.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a BEAUTIFUL family! We miss you all so much and hope to meet Beth soon. We would love to come and visit sometime next year. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Congrats!! I'm glad all went well and that you all are doing well! Thanks for sharing the news! We miss you guys, let us know when you are in town. Richelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to see your family!! The kids have grown up sooooooooooo much. you are truly a blessed family.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete